We are already into February! January just flew by. Our family used to only have one birthday in January (my younger brother) so the month was fairly calm after Christmas. Now we also have baby E's birthday, and my brother's girlfriends birthday, so there is more of that stuff going on. Luckily, there has been some opportunity for crafting!
This is the list that I started with for my 2015 craft challenge. It is small, but I think that it is more doable than my last challenge. And if I finish it all and do some extra stuff, that is just a bonus for me!
- To buy as few birthday decorations as possible for E's birthday - therefore I need to make them all! - DONE!
- Make invitations for E's birthday (this I've started already) - DONE!
- Write at least 12 crafting blog posts this year (one a month, really doable)
- Finish knitting E's blanket
- Finish E's mobile/decoration for her room - Progress
- Finish the scrapbook I started for my mother-in-law
- Start E's baby scrapbook
- Make some cards to have on hand for random occasions (birthdays, sympathy, thinking of you, etc.)
- Learn to cable knit
So how did I do this month?
1) I finished all of the invitations for E's birthday party. I got them out later than I would have liked, but they all made it out and most people were able to attend!
2) Decorations for E's birthday party. I didn't make as many things as I would have liked, so the party was pretty plain, but it was just family and a couple of close friends. I didn't get a close up photo of the favours (not sure how!) but I made sugar cookies in the shapes of Minnie Mouse heads, E's and 1's, and put them in cellophane bags with a little tag that said Thank you, Love Evelyn. I bought some balloons, and streamers from the dollar store, and the men helped get those up - they even were inspired to make Mickey heads out of 3 balloons. It was cute :)
The cake, I did NOT make, but it is gorgeous, so I wanted to share a photo. A friend made it, and she did a beautiful job.
3) I am almost finished making the Thank You cards for E's birthday. They are simple cards with an embossed grey base, a pink Thank You that I cut out with my cricut, some light pink ribbon on the sides, and a rhinestone embellishment. I had a picture of E developed that I am going to stick inside of each one as well, family is always telling me that they wish they had more photos of her, so I thought this would be a good way to get one to them.
4) I did some work on finishing E's room decoration/mobile. It is taking me far longer to get this thing done than it should, but I've only been getting a few minutes at a time to work on it, so it takes forever because there are little time-consuming details.
So month 1 of the 2015 Craft Challenge was a success in my books! I got the important things done, and crossed a couple of things off of my list. Now to keep this momentum going through the year!